Sightsee Treasure Island From Our Beachside Paradise
Bilmar Beach Resort has access to such beautiful beaches that you might never want to leave the sand. Some guests never want to leave our resort thanks to our amazing amenities. However, if you do want to explore the Treasure Island and Tampa Bay areas, there are a wide variety of options for your family to enjoy.
Location is everything, and Bilmar Beach Resort boasts one of the best on the beach. You can fill your days wandering the various open air markets right outside our front door, or you could take a quick trip to Tampa and cheer on your favorite sports team. The choice is yours!
You can enjoy local attractions with easy transportation options right from Bilmar Beach Resort. Free Beach Ride offers transportation in the St. Pete Beach area, including all of Treasure Island. This shuttle service is free, but the drivers appreciate the generosity of your tips! Call (727) 686-5396 15-20 minutes in advance to request a ride.
Another great transportation option is the Suncoast Beach Trolley. This in expensive trolley costs only $2.25 per ride and runs every 20-30 minutes throughout St. Pete Beach and Treasure Island, with a stop just outside Bilmar Beach Resort.
Enjoy Our Local Beaches In the Treasure Island Area
Located a short drive away from our beach resort, Caladesi Island State Park was named America's Top Beach for 2008 by coastal expert Dr. Stephen Leatherman, a.k.a. Dr. Beach. Your family will love this pristine beach location, where you can take advantage of cabana rentals, onsite café, and an expansive marina. We are also located close to Fort De Soto State Park, a seven-mile long beachfront tropical forest preserve and picnic area.
Local AttractionsIn the St. Petersburg Area
- Famous John's Pass Boardwalk Village
- Tropicana Field - Home of the Tampa Bay Rays
- Fort Desoto State Park
- Sundial - St. Petersburg
Points of InterestIn the Tampa Area
- Busch Gardens
- Adventure Island
- Raymond James Stadium
- Tampa Bay Rays Baseball Team
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Football Team
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- New York Yankees Spring Training-Steinbrenner Field
- Phillies Spring Training–Brighthouse Field
- University of South Florida Bulls Football
- Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center
- Historic Ybor City
- Gasparilla Pirate Invasion and Parade
- Big Cat Rescue
- Florida Aquarium
- Henry B. Plant Museum
- MOSI (Museum of Science & Industry)
- Mangrove Bay Golf Club
- Seminole Golf Club
- Bardmoor Golf Club
- Amalie Arena (former St. Pete Times Forum)
- Mid Florida Credit Union Amphitheater (former Ford Amphitheater)
- International Plaza Mall
- Channelside & Tampa Bay Cruise Terminal – Port of Tampa